We asked Danielle to share her pregnancy secrets because of her expertise as a celebrity yoga instructor, esthetician, health blogger and new mom. She brings a wealth of expertise to the table when it comes to health, wellness & beauty. She has studied anatomy, nutrition, Ayurveda, skincare and yoga, educating herself in all corners of health and beauty. To learn more about Danielle, visit Cuccio Somatology or find her on Instagram.
1. What Are 4 Diet And Exercise Tips For A Healthy Pregnancy
- Modify your workouts – I love dance cardio and love teaching my Yoga Booty Ballet class; however, when I was 5 months pregnant it didn’t feel good or right to my body. I really just focused on moving with what felt right. Yoga, hiking, walks…
- Make sure you’re eating enough! You are feeding for two, yes, but make sure you’re eating nutritious foods that give you energy and help your little one grow. I craved donuts for sure, but I also made sure to eat foods that helped my little one grow and keep my body healthy.
- You’re made to gain weight! Don’t get down if you’re gaining weight – you’re supposed to!!! Don’t even let that bother you. If you’re still moving weekly and getting in some exercise and eating mostly healthy – you’re doing a great job!
- Prenatal Yoga – prenatal yoga was my everything!!! I loved being able to modify when I needed to and didn’t have to push myself if something didn’t feel right. It’s all about listening to your body!
2. What Changes Did You Experience During Your Pregnancy That You Were Not Expecting?
Clothing! Get the maternity clothing sooner than later! I was wearing my normal jeans up until 4 months and let’s just say, it wasn’t uncomfortable!
3. As A New Mom What Do You Wish Your Mom Had Told You To Expect?
How much your life and perspective on life will change! Pregnancy is amazing. Birth is quite an experience. And then you have this amazing little human. You will never love anything more and your perspective on life absolutely changes for the better.
4. Do You Have A Good Recipe For A Quick Healthy Meal?
I love a good Green Peanut Butter Kale Smoothie in the morning! Kale, Almond Milk, Banana, Peanut Butter & Ice So easy!
5. What does Your Skin Routine Look Like Both Pre Pregnancy and During Pregnancy?
I wanted to use more natural products during pregnancy and also started hydrating my skin more because my skin got drier. I started using oils and love what it has done to my skin! I use Herbivore Botanicals oil.
6. Any Tips For Managing Cravings During Pregnancy?
Go for it! Haha. No, but really, enjoy eating and indulge. Not every single day, but indulge 2-3 times a week! Your body is telling you to possibly eat more and it’s kind of fun to go with it! It’s better than having food aversions and being nauseous like I did in the first trimester!
7. What Did This Pregnancy Teach That You Could Apply To The Next One?
That this is the most beautiful gift in life. There is nothing better than being a mother. It’s not for everyone, but it’s something, I’ve always known, I wanted to be. The pregnancy isn’t always easy. The birth can’t always be planned and can be hard and painful. But the gift of having your baby makes it all worth it in the end.